Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Tuesday

Unresolved tensions buzz out their slogans.
(15 promised hours & I still repent.)
A dog barks lonely in the night. he don't
know who he stand for. &

I sing the Kennedy name in my sleep
I sing the Kennedy curl in my heart
I sing a Kennedy endorsement in my
........young-old idealist soul;

-- & maybe an abstract campaign trumps one
of crocodile tears and desperate lovers
-- & maybe the world will bring back the dollar when
it sees us thinking clear
-- & maybe 100 years in an abstracter war isn't
the quagmire I'm looking for
(-- & maybe those young doomed transplants sink in
the quagmire you're looking for)
-- & he's someone I'll refuse
to regret electing if we don't
neglect electing him.

Now You Know Where I Stand. & Take Your Pick.
Democracy's a fruit I can't quite taste
But you know your ballot could be the drop
That carves the weakened cliff of expectation.

No comments: